Monday, February 17, 2014

Do What You- Love - What You Do ???


“What do you want to be when you grow up?  , the question was thrown at my seven year old son by a very close friend over the dinner table yesterday night. After a bit of a thought, he looked at me and his father (expecting we would fill the answer for him) but with no response form the parents, with his eyebrows raised high, understanding that he will have to answer it on his own,, came the obvious,’ “Uncle have yet not thought over it, once I grow up a little more I will think “.

The question which I am sure we all were asked at least once when we were kids or youngsters, and did we have any answer ready or did we all took that few minutes to think about it ? We all slipped back into our childhood and started sharing the stories of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I am sure we all had a dream to become something great like a doctor, an architect, an engineer, an air-hostess, etc and the list is never ending. How well did we all do?

Well, talking about myself, I ended up working
in an Airline and Telecom companies (Honestly I started loving and enjoying both my job profiles) while I always wanted to be was an Architect. May be all are not like me, they achieve what they aspire. But few are there who never aspired to be what they set out to become, or maybe they said they would become when they grew up.  But I believe the older we get, the taste changes, our views change, our goals change. All in all things change.

The most important lesson  I have learned during my career path is to do something , what I loved to do now why was that important , it’s simple that if you enjoy what  you make your living at , you actually end up being happy in ways more than one. 

I believe it’s more rewarding and enriching. Life is more interesting and a whole lot of fun. It’s pure passion that carries you through the success ( accompanied by hard work of course !! ).

Yes no job or no business is perfect, the most important thing is to enjoy and learn from it. It may take you some time to figure out what you really want to do and even take more time than the rest to actually get there. But do what you love to and love what you do (whatever it is!!!).

You will be a lot happier and trust me you will never ever look back!!!!




No comments: