Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Shoe Story !!!!!


Today was yet another that kind of a day ,where I wanted to be happy , sad and nostalgic, I was sitting with my 9 year old  son and going through the old snaps and sharing the stories with  him as to how , when and why was the pictures taken .

And we came across, a snap where we all had gone for a family picnic.

It  was bright sunny day, we had planned a family outing .We all were ready; accept for one person, my 4 year old son.

He was trying since last 15mins to try to wear his socks on his own; all our efforts to try and help him were unsuccessful.

His response was set. “NO!!! I want to wear  them on my own “!!!

To avoid the hue and cry over the whole episode, we all decided to be spectator of his effort.

Finally the ordeal was over , and he could manage to wear them , “ Not so correctly “ but  all the effort of pulling and pulling and only pulling had reached the finale.

We all applauded and he smiled!!!

He got down from the bed, and started walking towards the shoes I managed to reach them before him, so that I can make him wear them and we could leave for the picnic which was delayed already.

Now , started  the snatching of the shoes, reason  he wanted to wear them on his own , I knew he learned to wear the Velcro shoes on his own and  would be quick in doing so , but my concern was he loved to wear the shoes in the wrong leg, and I was always worried that it would harm him .

I grabbed the shoes made him wear it as fast as I could, held him from the hand and said “We are getting late, we need to go NOW!!!”

And there, the big hue and cry started, the one which I was trying to avoid during the socks episode and specially in front of my parents, because you are always doing the “Wrong Parenting “in front of them, the grand child is always right, because he is just a child and does not know what he is doing, we are adult parents and we need to do all the understanding!!!

But can we ever, win against kids, I guess “NO "!!!

I gave up!!!!

“CORRECT MAMMA “!! Was his response when he changed is shoes in his respective wrong legs.

I looked at him, and made my way out obvious to all that I was upset!!

I could hear my husband tell my son,” See Mamma is upset; you know why because the way you are wearing you r shoes it will hurt you after sometime.

I had started loading the things in the car, and I had a pat on my hip,I turned, and saw my son standing right behind me, “Sorry mamma” he said.

I adjusted his socks and corrected his shoes!!
He kissed me and hopped into the car!!!!

I smiled.

I returned from the flash back, when my son told me that it was time for him to go down to play!

I asked him to help me pick the albums and put them back!!!
“NO, Mamma, not now I will be late “he refused

“OK!!! GO!!!! “ was stern reply . I was a  bit upset with his denial to help me and started picking the albums from the bed.

Suddenly after a while, I got a pat on my back, I turned to see it was my son , who was standing with few snaps which were lying on the carpet near my bed.

We were almost done, the room was as before, but he stood there, as if I was missing something.

He looked at me, and then down!!!
I followed his eyes, and looked down ...

He was wearing his shoes in wrong legs and his socks clumsily worn.

We smiled..

 I bent down, adjusted his socks and corrected his shoes this time with laces...

He kissed me and rushed out of the room.
I stood there, with tears rolling down my eyes!!!!




No comments: